Thursday, August 25, 2016

My Colourful Tag

Time again for a challenge over at Go Tag Thursday 
The theme this week was chosen my dear friend Nanette...she has so much going on in her private life at the moment so I do appreciate that she has taken time out for this weeks challenge...her theme is Go Bold with Colour
Here is my Tag..I have a mottled background that I created with watered down acrylic paints and sprayed on to some watercolour card...then I sprayed over that with water and it created the lovely blurry mottled effect..I left the card in situ until it dried as it was really quite wet and I didn't want to muddy up the colours.

I inked the cogs stamp and then heat embossed the cogs for the background, doing the same on some spare card for the images...finally adding a few gems and the ribbon.
Do pop over to the blog for a lookie, I would love it if could enter the challenge..any size tag, any medium..just keep in theme...
You can find the challenge here at 

Monday, August 22, 2016

Chocolate Postcard....

Such an unusual theme over at Sunday Postcard Art this week...."Chocolate"
My brain went in to overdrive to be honest....I was thinking Death By Chocolate...Vintage Chocolate Posters..Modern Day Chocolate Wrappers / labels.

I eventually decided to create a digital postcard 4"x 6" using a Vintage Poster Image and some background and embellishing from Serif Craft Artist...and with tweaking a few effects I am actually pleased with my postcard.
                     You can find the challenge here at
                                    Sunday Postcard Art

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Go Tag Thursday

Well, I have no idea where the last week has's just flown by, lol
Time again for another Tag challenge...the theme this week is Book Print, so you must show some on your tag.

Your Tag can be any size,any medium, just stay within the theme...
You can find the challenge here at 

Sunday, August 14, 2016

The Wheels on the Bus.....

It's sunday and time for a new challenge over at Sunday Postcard Art
I missed last weeks challenge having had a busy week, but I have was home all day saturday and managed to fit in making my postcard for today.

Kay is the host this week and she has chosen the theme "Wheels" I have thought outside of the box a bit and used the children's song "The Wheels on the Bus"
I have used a selection of different London stamps, the actual Bus stamp was a freebie from PaperArtsy many moons ago when I placed an order with them, in fact I have only used this stamp once before.
Be sure to check out the challenge, postcards must be 4"x 6" and you can find it here at
                                     Sunday Postcard Art

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Tag # 9...Beach Huts

Hazel is the Guest Designer/Host over at Go Tag Thursday for this weeks challenge...and she has chosen the theme Beach Huts for Tag # 9.
Well I was delighted because I love nautical / seaside themes and thought I would recycle an old clothing Tag...and here it is...

                                        From this Tag....

to this Tag....

     Why not pop over and enter the can find it here at... Go Tag Thursday

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Tag # 8 Children

Time for another challenge over at Go Tag Thursday
The theme this week is "Children" so your tag can be of children or anything related to children...

This is my 1st Tag...this has to be one of my all time favourite stamp..I have had it for years, but unfortunately I cannot remember the designer / company.

 This is my 2nd Tag....the little vintage girl is a free download. The background stamp is by Crafty Individuals that I won a few weeks ago. The script, unfortunately isn't that visible is also from a stamp set by Crafty Individuals and reads..."Through the eyes of a child"

So if you like making Tags..any size, any medium, then why not pop over and join in the fun...
                          You can find the challenge here at
                                       Go Tag Thursday

Monday, August 1, 2016

August Challenge at Rhedds

No project for Rhedds from me this month..I decided to take a break from the challenge for August...

As always the challenges are Altered Art / Mixed Media papercrafted items as in Tags, cards, Atcs etc..
If you enter more than once,you must use separate blog posts for each entry.....
                    You can find the challenge here at
                           Rhedd's Creative Spirit

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sunday Postcard Art...Eggs!

What a cracking
Over at Sunday Postcard Art  this week's challenge is now the theme, its so different and was chosen by Hazel...

                              Here is my" Egg" postcard.....

I wasn't sure if I could create a postcard with this theme without going digital...but I am pleased to say I did manage to craft it.
I sourced some postcard backing paper from some of my scraps and glued that to my was pretty bare so with some stamps I created a busier background.
The label was cut from a scrap of backing paper ( I throw very little away,lol ) as well as the bird and crowns.
The little girl and eggs were from some free downloads that I printed about a year ago. The ladybug I stamped and coloured in red.

I know somewhere in the depths of my craft room I have a couple of tiny bird's nest, but do you think I could find
So I coloured some string and raffia with distress inks and created a nest by twisting and weaving the fibres...actually quite pleased with the way it turned out...took a while to get the ink off my fingers though!
I did use glossy accents on the little girlies wings and on the bird and eggs, but it dosen't really show in the photos....stickles stardust glitter on the crowns.
So, if you want to join in the fun..make your postcard (4" x 6") and enter their challenge..take a look at the other entries too...some amazing talent over there.
The challenge is here at