Followers

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Heart & Swirls

It's the middle of the night and my brain wouldn't shut down enough for me to sleep...so I decided to get my project finished, saves me doing it later on this morning. This is an mdf wooden heart,which I covered in torn patterned tissue papers and modge podge. I left it for several hours to make sure it was completely dry before adding the inka gold to give it that gorgeous antique shimmery look.I also coloured the flourish with inka gold to keep the same gold tone. To finish I then added the flowers and some pale gold ribbon. This is my entry for the challenge over at    http://outofahatcreations.blogspot.co.uk/   their theme is Heart and Swirls.

7 comments:

chrissie said...

Such a beautiful piece Sandie and it really does look like metal. So pleased that you joined in with us at the Hatters for the Hearts and Swirls challenge

Love Chrissie xxxx

annemarks said...

Beautiful work Sandie :)

Sandra's Spot said...

Hi Sandie, this is so gorgeous and romantic love it. Thanks for joining us At OOAH. Hugs Sandra X

Janet said...

oh!!! Sandie, your heart is gorgeous, love the colour
Thanks for joining us at OOAH
Janet x

Tina Theis of Ivory Moon Designs said...

oooooh thats gorgeous Sandie xxx

Gwyneth said...

Stunning creation. K love the finished look of this with the flourish and roses.

May said...

Stunning work Sandie, Love the background & beautiful flowers...Joined your fabulous blog... Hugs May x x x