Followers

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Floral Bird House



I have had a set of these little bird houses that I bought last year, so I thought it was high time I got one out and decorated it. I actually used this one in a craft group challenge and I won, yay, go me, lol.
Thought I would show 2 photos,one with birdhouse hanging up hanging and the other with it sitting...
First I primed the wood, then added a base colour, which was slightly darker than the top colour.Once the base coat was dry I then added the crackle medium then let that dry. Finally I added the cream top coat  and the deep pink to the edges of the bird house To speed up the drying I used my heat tool, not to close, didn't want to blister the paint. I was so pleased to see that the heat tool actually speeded up the crackle.
 All paints and crackle medium are from Docrafts.
The tiny bird is from a die cut set ,I just inked it gently with distress ink pad and hot glued it to the perch...finally adding the flowers ,again with hot glue. I added some deep pink and silver cord for the hanging loop.

6 comments:

chrissie said...

Adorable little bird house.

Love Chrissie x

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandie this is gorgeous x

Sandy said...

I do adore you bird house - bravo!!
sandy

May said...

Gorgeous bird-house. Love the crackle & the colours are perfect!! Love the little bird & great flowers... Hugs May x x x

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous, very elegant.

Moira xx

Zoe said...

I adore this little birdhouse xx Zoe xx