Followers

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Ribbons & Lace



It's that time again....the 8th Challenge has just been launched over at   http://rheddandrosies.blogspot.co.uk/
The teamies were all given some wood shapes to work with from Kim & Ashley who own Dotty's Heaven & Craft Shapes Torbay.
There is a little write up about them over on the blog...do pop over and have a look,the team have done some fabulous work with their wood shapes
I used the heart which I painted twice with copper acrylic paint, the second application I painted on quite thick and stippled it,then heated areas with my heat tool to make a few small blisters. The required elements were then added,the ribbon and lace and some gorgeous flowers and a butterfly to finish.
My 2nd  make is a wood tag,which I painted twice in mango acrylic paint. I then heated embossed it with clear embossing powder 4 times, before it cooled I inked a background stamp and pressed it in to the tag to give it texture and a pattern, finally adding the picture and trimmings from my stash.

13 comments:

Zoe said...

Really stunning Sandie, love your style xxx

Wendy said...

Beautiful! Love the copper paint effect on the heart. xxx

Gwyneth said...

Both projects are lovely. I like the vintage look you've achieved.

Anonymous said...

They are both very elegant and stylish. Love them xxx

jane adams said...

Both are amazzing hunny your so talented xxx

Unknown said...

This is very lovely
P x

Kate M said...

Two lovely projects, but the heart is stunning!!
xx

Linda Simpson said...

Two gorgeous projects Sandie, love the heart with the lace and roses.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

Fab creations really stunning xxx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

WOW Sandra these are absolutely gorgeous. I love how you pick the gorgeous colours for your pieces.

Hugs Lisa xxxxx

Crafty Lark said...

Both gorgeous projects, I love the detail. xx Flora

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Wow! These are both really stunning hun, love the flowers and lace
Lindsay xx

Sandy said...

You do wonderful work Sugar - I could look at your blog all night but alas I have run out of time. So glad I found you!!
Sandy