Followers

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A Pretty Bottle....



This is my first time at altering a bottle...this one was lovely and was crying out to be decorated. So I decided this would be my design team piece for my Altered Art Challenge Blog.
I covered the bottle using a beautiful cotton lace doily that was my mothers, I remember it being on her dressing table and if my memory serves me right it was made by her mother, my grandmother.
The trims were all from my stash and so were the lovely soft foam roses,which were just the right colour.

I would love to see you over at Rhedds Creative Spirit, its an Altered Art Blog and the challenges run monthly...with a prize for the winner each month, this is this months prize, a Tim Holtz Configuration Box...


Well worth entering the challenge for, you can find it here......Rhedd's Creative Spirit

I'm entering this altered bottle in to the challenge at  Altered Eclectics

9 comments:

Sammy said...

Gorgeous! The lace is so lovely and I adore the delicate colours! x

Unknown said...

Great bottle. Love the cameo.

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous and so elegant.

Moira xx

Bridie said...

Fab bottle, very vintage

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

Hope you have a great day!

Hugs

Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

Gwyneth said...

Lovely re-use of the lace that holds memories for you. The bottle looks great like this.

Vickie Y said...

Wow! Your altered bottle is beautiful. What special memories it will give you each day. Thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics Challenge.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Awww Sandie fabulous work as always - love your creations hun. Thank you for playing along over at Altered Eclectics this month.
Elaine aka Ellapu
Owner
Altered Eclectics
&
Eclectic Ellapu

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this really has a wonderful old world feel. Love the textures.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Crafty Judith said...

Super gorgeous bottle xxx