Followers

Thursday, August 21, 2014

My Paper & Ink Stack

Would you believe it's almost 5:30am and I've not been to sleep yet.....I will probably grab a couple of hours once I have finished this post..
I treated myself to 3 paper trays and 4 ink trays from Fernli Designs. They are all stackable and come in several sizes. The ones I have used here are for 6" x 6" papers and the rectangle ink pads like Versamark, Archival, Aridondack etc.



I glued all the pieces together ( they all come flat packed ) which is very easy to do. Once the glue was dry, ( I used PVA Glue )  I painted all the trays in Kaisercraft  matt black acrylic paint twice, once dry I then added a coat of modge podge to protect the paint from scratches etc.
I left every thing over night to thoroughly dry out and the next day I glued all the trays to make a stack.
Again, leaving the glue to dry thoroughly.
I decorated each stack with the Graphic45 Typography papers and then using Fernli Designs shapes ( shown in the first photo ) I made embellishments by covering them in the same papers and adhering them to the stacks with hot glue.


I am so pleased with they way these look and the fabulous part about these products is that they can be added to as and when you need to.
Although I didn't take a photo of the back sections, they are both papered in G45 papers,but not embellished with the wood shapes.


2 comments:

Zoe said...

Oh wow, they are fantastic, love the papers you used xx Zoe xx

Carol said...

WOWZERS - they're GORGEOUS - love those papers too xx