Followers

Monday, August 11, 2014

Such Style

Just popped in to show you my Altered Peg...it's for the challenge over at Crafty Individuals.
The August  theme is Fashion/Style and you must use one of their products...fortunately for me I have a fair few of Crafty Individual stamps and this fashion plate is one of them.


First I stained the sides of the peg with Aged Mahogany distress ink. Secondly I used some pale patterned backing paper,which was quite thick and stamped the image twice.


I then cut the centre strip for the main part of the peg and then used the unstamped scrap for the underside and back areas.
I coloured and trimmed the 2 ladies and set them aside,while I added the lace,scissors and top frame.

To finished I used aged mahogany to distress the edges of the peg and then attached the ladies.

You can find the challenge Crafty Individuals

I am also entering my peg in to the challenge at Altered Eclectics

7 comments:

Paper Profusion said...

Brilliant idea Sandie - this sure is high class and beautiful! Nicola x

Jean Hardy said...

Loving your fashionable peg - great autumnal colours and nice idea! Thanks for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge this month. Jean x

Sylvie Collet said...

Great idea Sandie! an original and beautiful project!
Thank you for joining in the CI August challenge!
Bizz
Sylvie

ionabunny said...

Never seen an altered peg. Very cool

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Beautiful as always hun - TFS with us over at Altered Eclectics this month. Hugz xxx

Ruth said...

How lovely and clever is that, I didn't realise it was a peg, wonderful! Ruth x

Daniele said...

wow that peg is brilliant, love the trinkets you have added, so glad you joined us at Crafty Individuals
hugs