Followers

Thursday, October 16, 2014

My "Winged" Bathing Belle.

I was over the moon when I stumbled across a challenge blog by Lost Coast Designs. I've been an admirer of their rubber stamps for many years, in fact I have a grand total of 18 of their stamps,unfortunately where I used to buy them from in the UK no longer trades and I've not seen any at the craft fairs I've been too.
I've used one of my favourite stamps for my Altered Cotton Reel....."The Swimsuit Girl"


I decorated the cotton reel with reindeer moss, mesh, hessian,string, little pieces of drift wood,shells and a starfish


The theme of the challenge is "Wings" so I stamped and cut the butterfly from another of Lost Coast stamps, the lady with her face in her hands, it was the perfect size for what I needed.


A closer view of the wings.....


I so enjoyed creating this piece, just wish the cotton reels you buy in the shops now were as good as the old style ones. So I am off now to post my entry......you can find their challenge here at  Lost Coast Challenge

5 comments:

Karin said...

Beautiful seaside creation, great stamp that you used! Groetjes Karin

Mandy Twitchen said...

Gorgeous - amazing detail, tfs xx

Carol said...

WOW that SEASIDE BELLE is gorgeous, love all the embellies too xx

Sammy said...

Grrr... Blogger isn't playing nice today. Try again...
Love this Sandie! Such fab details and such an original piece! x

Unknown said...

Great work, love how you build up your card! Thank you for joining us!