Followers

Monday, December 1, 2014

Christmas Canvas

I'm a few hours late posting my design team make for Altered Eclectics.....I'm sure my boss Elaine won't mind too much though....


For this canvas I adhered scraps of torn paper to the canvas, then randomly stamped over it.
Next part was to swipe it all with some white acrylic paint.
I then tore strips if christmas backing paper to create the tree, then adding some gems to the "branches"


To finish I scrubbed some pale green acrylic paint around the edge of the canvas, making sure not to get to close to the tree, then before it dried I sprinkle fine glitter on to it.
Then I added the computer generated words and the board "Joy"
Once the canvas was completely dry I added antique gold gilding wax around the outer edges.
The canvas looks so much better in "real life" than in the photo...the dull over cast weather dosen't help when you have to take photos.

Hope to see you enter the challenge which is here at 


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!
What a super tree.....you are clever
Thanks for showing
Jan
X

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful Christmas canvas!

crafty creations said...

What a great canvas you have created Sandra - love the way you've done the tree

Have a great Christmas time

Your new teamy Hilda

Judy McKay said...

What a beautiful canvas Sandy. So pretty. Judy

Zoe said...

Wow! I love, love, love this, amazing xx Zoe xx

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Of course I don't mind you posting late sweetie...Your work is always worth waiting for ... Love your canvas xxx

Unknown said...

I love your canvas, great choice of papers and stylish layout :)

Lisa Winnard - TheCraftarageStudio said...

Lovely Sandra.
Love the distressy feel. Beautiful.
Lisa xxx
Your new Altered Eclectics playmate.

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Such a stunning canvas creation!
Merry Christmas from you DTeam mate at Altered Eclectics!
Leigh S-B
LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
DominoARTblog.blogspot.com