I saw them in a shop in town and thought I could do something with them, they were cheap too and made from wood!
So, for this door stop I sealed the wood, then gave it 2 coats of Kaisercraft Antique Cream acrylic paint, it really is a gorgeous paint to use.
Once the paint was dry I used gilding wax to highlight the edges a bit.
Setting it to one side, I then had to hunt around for some images, I already had an idea in my head, eventually I found these.
I applied the images with modge podge matt, once dry I then gave it 2 coats all over, allowing it to dry in between coats.
Finally I added the beads,ribbon and flower....I'm quite pleased with the look. I have another doorstop that's all ready to decorate....can't wait to get that one done now...
I wonder now if I've set a trend....as I said a first for me and I've not seen any others in the crafting world, mind you I could have been looking in the wrong place,lol.