Followers

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Artist Trading Block

I am in a swap group on facebook and signed up for the Atb swap. I used to use solid wood from my Atbs,but now I have found a lovely company called Fernli Designs that make them in several different sizes. They are made from MDF and slot and glue together easily to make a perfect cube/block.
The swap was to decorate a 4inch block...and this is mine that I made for my swap partner....


I covered all six sides in dark thick card with book binding glue and left to dry over night...then using the gorgeous Graphic45 papers I again cover all six sides.
From the scraps,I cut the labels and images and added them to the block along with some brass elements and the bottles.


I added 4 mini cotton reels for the feet before decorating the top with labels and other embellishments.
I distressed around all the edges with walnut stain distress ink.
My swap partner received this a week or so ago,so I am able to show it now without spoiling her surprise...now I am waiting for hers....looking forward to that arriving sometime soon....



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it, love it, love it!
Wonderfully decorated, lots to study and enjoy
Jan
X