Followers

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Little Sewing Boxes

Over at Altered Eclectics their October Challenge is now under way...so get your crafty head on and pop over for a lookie and maybe enter the challenge...
As part of Elaine's ( The Boss Lady) design team I have created a couple of very special little boxes for your inspiration...although well over a week ago I had nothing in my head but empty space, nothing was moving in there at all...then a couple of days ago I felt creative...so rushed off to my craft room...
Here are the 2 little boxes....they are Mdf match boxes that are available over at Fernli Designs.


After assembling the boxes, which are very easy to do, I created my own backing paper using Oxford Impressions Stamps...I covered all sides and the fronts of the drawers.


I then added handles to the drawers....and started to decorate the tops of the boxes.
For the larger box I used the advertising stamp and for the smaller box I used the fabulous Gibson girl stamp as she is sat sewing.


From my stash I dressed a small dress-form and found some old wooden buttons and attached them to the boxes with an assortment of materials and some really old lace from a cotton doily. I also added some pearl pins.
I also found a couple of thimbles and some thread to go in the little drawers, along with some labels I made.


I so love these little boxes and I will be keeping them for myself...so I must dash and hide them from my daughter,lol


You can find October's Challenge here at....


5 comments:

Sammy said...

These are simply stunning Sandie! LOVE them! x

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

like i said before you are so incedibly talented hun and pleased you are an Eclectic girlie xx

Anonymous said...

Soo cute
Lovely works of art
Jan
X

Mrs.B said...

Love these little boxes with their sewing themed images, and you've added so many gorgeous little details, no wonder you want to keep them for yourself, I would too. (I noticed them when I linked up to AE)
Avril xx

Judy McKay said...

Love your altered match boxes Sandie. They are a set of stunning creations. Judy