Followers

Monday, February 1, 2016

Pretty Altered Keys

Wow, so where did January go...lol.
The February Challenge has just launched over at Rhedds Creative Spirit and boy there are some fab projects from the design team....


My project was to altered a couple of keys...I have inherited a bag full of them from my father's house and they are just in the cupboard doing nothing...and as I've never altered keys before it was time to give them a go.


First I painted each key with Croco Crackling Colour, one key in the deep turquoise colour the other in a lovely pomegranate colour.
I left them to dry over night.


The next day I had noticed that there wasn't much crackling going on, probably because I didn't apply a thick enough coat, however there was some texture there so I rubbed some gilding wax in to each of the keys,





All the embellishing came from my stash, the bird, the rose and the filigree embellishment were all highlighted  with copper gilding wax.
So if you like an altered art challenge why not pop over to......
                   Rhedd's Creative Spirit

6 comments:

Sammy said...

Oh these are simply stunning Sandie! So clever. Especially love the one with the bird. x

hazel said...

These are gorgeous, I've never seen altered keys before - something new to try.
xxx Hazel.

Aimeslee Winans said...

I love your cupid and folk heart and your altered keys, Sandra. Thanks so much for stopping by my place and saying hi. When I told you about our Bluebell ice cream over here, I should have said it was likely named after a dairy cow named Bluebell, lol. No bluebell-tasting ice cream, just the usual flavors! Sorry! ;-) Have a great week! xoxo, Aimeslee

Bibi Lindahl said...

Ohhh, these are gorgeous, Sandie!
I need to make something like this. Love them! TFS :)

Priyanka Mathur said...

These keys are Super Gorgeous! Love them so much. I will too try them & will share with you. Thanks for sharing! :)
Priyanka
http://shiningcolourscrafts.blogspot.in/

SewPaperPaint said...

These are just lovely! What a great way to create embellishments. <3