Followers

Monday, April 18, 2016

Fly my little songbird, fly!

I stumbled across a nice little challenge blog a couple of months ago called Things to Alter and decided over the weekend that I would enter their challenge.
I do try and enter a couple of challenges each month but recently I've not done that due to one thing or another...you know how it is when life gets in the way of crafting,lol...


The theme for the challenge is Anything Goes...with with a Twist..."Use Bird/birds in your project ( you do have to be a follower of their blog to enter )....So I created this canvas.


I used blue acrylic paint as the base colour for the canvas and wiped it back in places with a baby wipe..then dried it with my heat tool.
I used some sequin waste to add some texture to the canvas and once that was dry I daubed Pistachio green over some areas, again wiping back with a baby wipe.
I stained the bird with fossilized amber distress ink...then sprayed it and the canvas with a sealer.
I had a few little twigs in my stash,so bound them together and added some flowers and moss and adhered them to the canvas.


The sentiments are from a stamp set by Crafty Individuals and were just perfect for this project...
The canvas measures 4 inches x 4 inches.
You can find the challenge here at 




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh! i love this little canvas soooo much, you are such a talent
beautiful and inspiring
jan
x

Jac said...

What a great make, love the idea of using moss, another thing I will need to go and buy, thanks for joining us at things to alter
Jac x

Unknown said...

Sandi, this is an amazing Canvas, love it...Thank you for sharing with us at Things To Alter, this month, best of luck xxxx